The objective of the Head of Operation and maintenance is to encourage a more consistent, effective and efficient approach to O&M management practices by all KSA Entities. To realize this objective, the O&M Directorate will be responsible for the development of O&M standards, processes and procedures that all KSA Entities will be required to implement and execute.
The scope of work that will be undertaken by Head of Operation and maintenance will include: specification of O&M activity types; development of standard asset classification methods; specification of standard contract forms; development of methods for assessing contractor competences; development of O&M performance KPIs; development of processes and procedures for identifying work order requirements; assignation of work orders to maintenance contractors; recording work order completion; and asset acceptance.
Head of Operation and maintenance will be responsible for defining the skills and competences required for the O&M Department and will work with HR to recruit staff with the appropriate skills and competences. Also, will be responsible for the performance and development of the O&M Department staff.
Head of Operation and maintenance has the following main responsibilities:
- To direct, manage and deliver development of the assigned O&M Department processes, procedures, guidance and templates that will be owned by Alsabaan co. and issued to Entities for implementation and execution
- To compile and develop the O&M process and supporting procedures for delivery and implementation by the Entity PMO.
- To be a Subject Matter Expert for the O&M Department and support the Entities as they develop their O&M organizations and competences.
- To support development, coaching, training and mentoring of Alsabaan co. and Entity staff.
- To monitor and report on the Entity implementation of Alsabaan co O&M requirements.
Required Skills And Abilities
- Previous experience in management, facility management, or operations and maintenance discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in facilities management, or operations and maintenance management.
- Proven experience in managing maintenance or construction trades
- Experience and knowledge of business management practices, budget development and monitoring, and service contracting
- Experience in governmental contracts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of facility regulations
- Experience and demonstrated skill in identifying problem areas, assessing alternatives and determining solutions
- The reliability and initiative to deliver success without immediate supervision
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
Desired Skills And Experience
- Professional Engineering or Architecture license
- Project management or facility management certificate
- Facility budget experience - preparation and monitoring
- Facility life cycle planning experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Architecture, Project Management or other technical discipline from an accredited university.
- Advanced technical degree preferred